Second Degree Possession of Gambling Records
Although not as potentially devastating and crippling as an arrest for felony First Degree Possession of Gambling Records, Second Degree Possession of a Gambling records is a serious and significant crime nonetheless. New York Penal Law 225.15 may not be a felony, but as a class “A” misdemeanor, do not think for a moment that should you be convicted, your New York criminal defense attorney or gambling defense lawyer will be able to later get your conviction expunged or removed from your criminal history. Not only will you have the burden of carrying your Possession of Gambling Records in the Second Degree with you for the balance of your life, but a judge can add salt to your wound by sentencing you to up to one year in jail.
- Second Degree Promoting Gambling: New York Penal Law 225.05
- First Degree Promoting Gambling: New York Penal Law 225.10
- First Degree Possession of Gambling Records: NY Penal Law 225.20
- Possession of a Gambling Device: New York Penal Law 225.30
- New York Penal Law 225.25 & 225.32: Defenses to New York Gambling Crimes
Putting how and the extent one can be punished behind you, a person is guilty of New York Penal Law 225.15 when, with knowledge of the contents or nature of a writing, paper, instrument or article he or she possess that object and
- It is of a kind commonly used in the operation or promotion of a bookmaking scheme or enterprise; or
- It is of a kind commonly used in the operation, promotion or playing of a lottery or policy scheme or enterprise (it is a defense that the writing, paper, instrument or article possessed by the defendant constituted, reflected or represented plays, bets or chances of the defendant himself in a number not exceeding ten); or
- It is of any paper or paper product in sheet form chemically converted to nitrocellulose having explosive characteristics; or
- It is of any water soluble paper or paper derivative in sheet form.
Whatever your alleged conduct may violate, when you are locating the criminal attorney who can best defend your case, take the further steps to review the applicable law and related crimes that you may face.
Put your best defense forward and protect yourself inside the courtroom today and your life and career years from now. Let Crotty Saland PC’s New York criminal lawyers and former prosecutors use their experience, knowledge and advocacy for you.
Contact the New York Possession of Gambling Records criminal defense lawyers and former New York prosecutors at (212) 312-7129 or contact us online today.