White Collar Crimes
As experienced New York City white collar crime defense lawyers, Crotty Saland PC represents individuals and corporations in complex White Collar criminal investigations, grand jury proceedings and trials. Additionally, we conduct internal investigations for companies prior to and during law enforcement investigations.
White Collar crimes are those that often involve some form of deceit or fraud. While often committed in the "suites," White Collar Crimes are also perpetrated anywhere from the closed doors of a hedge fund conference room to the streets of New York City.
Types of White Collar crimes include:
- Falsifying Business Records
- Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument
- Money Laundering
- Enterprise Corruption
- Insurance Fraud
- Medicare/Medicaid Fraud
- Criminal Possession of a Forgery Device
- Credit Card Fraud
- Promoting Gambling
- Identity Theft
- Grand Larceny
- Offering a False Instrument for Filing
- Criminal Tax Fraud
- Untaxed Cigarettes
- Petit Larceny, Shoplifting and other Thefts
- Tampering with Public Records
- Mortgage Fraud
- Rewarding Official Misconduct
- Issuing a Bad Check
- Scheme to Defraud
- Official Misconduct
- Theft of Services
Unfortunately, for people accused of these crimes there is not only the issue of determining how to best handle the criminal allegations, but if the accused is a professional such as a stock broker, lawyer or doctor, a plan must be implemented immediately to preserve the career, license, integrity, and ability to provide for that person's family. Experienced New York City white collar crime defense attorneys are needed to not only zealously fight the criminal matter, but do whatever is possible to make sure the court does not attempt to suspend or restrict your professional license.
While some White Collar offenses do not require a jail sentence, some crimes are felonies that can result in significant terms of imprisonment and large fines. In fact, you have to look no further than Dennis Kozlowski and the Tyco trial. Mr. Kozlowski had no criminal record but was sentenced to 8 and 1/3 to 25 years state prison. Regardless of the potential sentence if convicted, it is absolutely imperative to negotiate a proper disposition quickly. Often, the longer these types of cases progress without an accused taking affirmative steps to deal with the case, the prosecution digs their heels in, spends more time and money investigating, and is less likely to be agreeable in negotiations. In fact, a defendant or target of an investigation may have a legitimate defense that needs to be presented to law enforcement. Waiting to do so may damage your ability to obtain a proper disposition, deal or dismissal in the future.
Founded by former prosecutors in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office who supervised multi-million dollar money laundering investigations, fraud schemes, identity theft crimes, and other New York City White Collar offenses, Crotty Saland PC has the hands on experience, training and knowledge to preserve your livelihood, integrity and liberty.
Call us at (212) 312-7129 or contact us online today.
- NYC ID Theft Ring Bust: Manhattan DA Charges Four in Fraudulent Debit Card Scheme - Over $200,00 & 100s of Debit Cards Recovered The extent and amount of fraud that is perpetrated by Identity Theft is staggering. As a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office who ....
- 25 Defendants Arrested & Indicted in Queens Gambling Bust: DA Claims PinnacleSports.Com, JazzSports.Net, Wager4You.Com and PlayHera.Ag Violated Criminal Laws Queens District Attorney Richard Brown has once again flexed his prosecutorial muscle and demonstrated that the epicenter of white collar crime may ....
- Establishing Unauthorized Use of a Computer & Third Degree Identity Theft in New York Courts Prosecutors, judges and New York criminal lawyers are seeing more and more arrests for Identity Theft and Unauthorized Use of a Computer. As ....